DR. ASMA RAUF
- Dr. Asma Rauf had completed her specialization in chemistry being associate “Reactive Intermediates & Free Radical Chemistry Group”. She received Ph.D degree in Chemistry (Physical Chemistry-Electrochemistry) from H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi, Pakistan in August, 2014. Dr. Asma Rauf is a growing scientist and scholar in the field of Physical/Analytical Chemistry. She is renowned for her teaching and research in higher education institutions. She joins academia & research with a zeal to serve the higher education through utilizing her training.
Dr. Asma Rauf had served as Assistant Professor under IPFP Program (1-year HEC contract) in Department of Chemistry at Federal Urdu University of Arts, Science and Technology, Karachi and visiting teaching faculty (for MS program) in Chemistry Department of NED University of Engineering and Technology Karachi and (for M.Phil program) H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi and (for BS program) Muhammad Ali Jinnah University (MAJU). She had worked as Research Officer at H.E.J. Research Institute of Chemistry, International Center for Chemical and Biological Sciences, University of Karachi. Currently, working as an Assistant Professor in Muhammad Ali Jinnah University, Karachi.
|PhD||Physical Chemistry – Electrochemistry||University of Karachi||–|
|M.Sc .||Analytical Chemistry||UoK, Karachi||–|
RESEARCH AREAS / INTERESTS
- Radical generation through cyclic voltammetry, control potential technique and spectroelectrochemical study.
- Kinetics and Mechanistic Study through Simulation with Digisim Software.
- Quantum Mechanical Calculation.
- Development and mechanistic study of electro-biochemical sensors.
- Application of ionic liquids in electrochemistry.
Dr. Asma Rauf has 07 Years post Ph.D teaching experience in Univercities.
- Analytical Chemistry
- Physical Chemistry
- Electrochemistry and Chemical Kinetics
- Advanced environmental Chemistry
- General Chemistry