To understand fundamentals of electrical engineering related to civil engineering.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. To define and explain basic knowledge of electrical engineering and its equipment related to Civil Engineering Projects.
CLO: 2. To discuss specifications of electrical engineering equipment used in civil engineering projects.
CLO: 3. to sketch layout of electrical engineering equipment for a simple civil engineering project.
- Electrical Elements and Circuits
- Electric current, voltage, power and energy
- Ohm’s law, inductance, capacitance, Kirchhoff’s laws
- Introduction to node voltage and loop current methods
- Ac single and poly-phase system
- Dc machines, ac synchronous machines, ac induction machines, transformers converting machines
- Power Plant Installations and Distribution System
- Power systems layout
- Generation, transmission, distribution and utilization of electric power
- Introduction to domestic electrification
- Diode transistor and simple rectifier circuit.
- Principles of house wiring and industrial wiring, illumination.
- Electrical know how related to experimental design instrumentations like corrosion rate measurements, strain gauges, ldt’s, lvdt’s. etc