• To understand fundamentals of electrical engineering related to civil engineering.
COURSE LEARNING OUTCOMES (CLO)
CLO: 1. to follow installation of electrical equipment during site visits and to perform electrical experiments in labs.
CLO: 2. to demonstrate electrical experiments in labs.
CLO: 3. to describe and report layouts, data, (e.g. specifications) etc. obtained during site visits of civil engineering projects and calculations of lab experiments.
CLO: 4. to discuss and seek clarification about layouts, data, (e.g.specifications) etc. of electrical equipment installed in civil engineering project
- Measurement of electric current, voltage, power and energy.
- Proof of Ohm’s Law.
- Introduction to AC / DC machines.
- Diode transistor.
- Site visit to 132 kV Grid Station.
- Site visit to Generator Room and its supply mechanism in an existing building.
- To study resistors in series and parallel.
- Kirchhoff’s voltage and current law.